Baking Our Pies are Home
Did you buy a savoury frozen pie for baking at home? Need directions?
You can bake from frozen or thawed really. From frozen will just take a bit longer.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Note depending on your oven's performance you may have to adjust this hotter or lower as needed. You know your oven best, so proceed as you normally would for a recipe, ie. If you know your oven is not generally hot enough, then preheat to 400F or 425F even. You can always lower part way through baking if you find the edges are getting too dark.
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg whisked up). This is only for aethestics to give you a nice shiny golden crust. If you dont have an egg, you can brush with cream or milk instead. Or nothing even, if you dont mind a duller looking crust.
- Bake in your preheated oven for approx 60 min if thawed, and 1hr 15 min if frozen.
- Note that convection ovens bake faster and more evenly than standard ovens. A standard oven may take up to 15 - 20 min longer.
- The filling is cooked, so bake until crust is a deep golden brown.
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven, on a non-insulated baking sheet to insure the bottom bakes evenly.
- IMPORTANT: Let rest 15 minutes prior to serving to allow the juices to absorb.